Inland Revenue (Amendment) Bill gazetted
The Inland Revenue (Amendment) Draft Bill was published in the gazette yesterday (October 11) evening by the Government Printer.
The gazette issued by the Minister of Finance, Economic Stabilisation and National Policies to amend the Inland Revenue Act, No.24 of 2017.
Accordingly, if passed in Parliament, the proposed bill will revise a number of levies and will also further empower the Inland Revenue Department as the primary agent for collecting taxes and dealing with issues arising with taxes on behalf of the government.
Earlier this year, the Cabinet of Ministers granted approval to amend the Value Added Tax Act (No. 14 of 2002), Telecommunications Levy Act (Act No. 21 of 2011), Betting and Gaming Levy Act (Act No.40 of 1988) and the Fiscal Management Act (Act No. 3 of 2003) in addition to the Inland Revenue Act (No. 24 of 2017).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023