Instructions given to cut off unwanted expenditure at State Institutions
The government has informed newly appointed Ministers to pay attention towards curbing unwanted expenditure at state institutions.
Accordingly the Presidential Secretariat has informed to manage expenses carefully and that each Minister has to report regarding costs under their respective Ministries.
However, instructions have been given not to make any changes in expenses for public welfare.
Meanwhile, all foreign travel of state officials has been temporarily suspended.
(Source: Hiru News)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023