INTER-PARLIAMENTARY UNION TO MONITOR COURT PROCEEDINGS OF SARATH FONSEKA
A group of representatives of the Inter-Parliamentary Union is scheduled to visit the country to monitor court proceedings related to Sarath Fonseka.
This was revealed by UNP MP Dr. Jayalath Jayawardena at a media briefing held today.
“A positive response was received today to a request made after facts were submitted to the Human Rights Committee of the Inter-Parliamentary Union. The Human Rights Committee of the Inter-Parliamentary Union informed us in writing that a group of monitors will arrive in the island during the first week of June this year, to monitor the cases related to General Sarath Fonseka that are being considered in Sri Lankan court. We see this as being extremely important,” said Jayawardena.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023