Interim order on Gota’s arrest
Posted in Local News
The Supreme Court today issued an interim order staying the police from arresting former defense secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa until the final determination of the fundamental rights petition filed by him.
Gotabhaya Rajapaksa filed a FR petition challenging the legality of the establishment of the Financial Crimes Investigation Division (FCID) on 11 May.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023