Islandwide travel restrictions extended until June 07
Sri Lanka government has decided to extend the travel restrictions imposed in the country owing to the COVID-19 till the 7th of June, Minister Johnston Fernando said.
Travel restrictions will be relaxed for three days (May 25, May 31 and June 04) in between for people to purchase essentials.
However, the public will not be allowed to travel by vehicle to purchase essential goods as they will only be allowed to walk to nearest shop or pharmacy.
The decision was taken at the COVID-19 prevention task force meeting held a short while ago.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Supreme Court invalidates Cabinet decision granting Paget road residence to Maithripala Sirisena February 29, 2024
- Nagananda Kodituwakku barred from practicing as Attorney-at-Law February 29, 2024
- Sri Lanka President highlights country’s Indian ocean security commitment at Pathfinder Conference February 29, 2024
- 36 persons injured in a bus accident in Monaragala February 29, 2024
- IMF Team to conduct second review of Sri Lanka’s EFF program in March 2024 February 28, 2024