Islandwide travel restrictions extended until June 07
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka government has decided to extend the travel restrictions imposed in the country owing to the COVID-19 till the 7th of June, Minister Johnston Fernando said.
Travel restrictions will be relaxed for three days (May 25, May 31 and June 04) in between for people to purchase essentials.
However, the public will not be allowed to travel by vehicle to purchase essential goods as they will only be allowed to walk to nearest shop or pharmacy.
The decision was taken at the COVID-19 prevention task force meeting held a short while ago.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023