It was PM Ranil who made this change IGP
The Police Force is able to conduct its affairs much more independently now than before, because of the present good governance Government, said IGP Pujith Jayasundara, speaking at a function held in Vanathavilluwa on 29 September.
He said that Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe has taken leadership on the advice of the President to change the Department of Police to Sri Lanka Police.
IGP Jayasundara went on to say that it is Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe who acted as the leader in all affairs. “It is none of us who made this change. It is Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe,” he said.
He said, as the IGP, he can vouch that all Police officers, from senior DIGs to Police Constables will bear testimony to the ability of the Prime Minister.
(Source: Ceylon Today)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023