It was PM Ranil who made this change IGP
The Police Force is able to conduct its affairs much more independently now than before, because of the present good governance Government, said IGP Pujith Jayasundara, speaking at a function held in Vanathavilluwa on 29 September.
He said that Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe has taken leadership on the advice of the President to change the Department of Police to Sri Lanka Police.
IGP Jayasundara went on to say that it is Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe who acted as the leader in all affairs. “It is none of us who made this change. It is Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe,” he said.
He said, as the IGP, he can vouch that all Police officers, from senior DIGs to Police Constables will bear testimony to the ability of the Prime Minister.
(Source: Ceylon Today)
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
Well said Pujitha,
The independence of the Police Force is causing jitters down the spines of many.