Italy prolongs curbs on European travellers, imposes entry ban on Sri Lanka
Posted in Local News
Italy on Thursday extended for 15 days COVID-19 restrictions already in place on travellers from other European countries, the health ministry said, adding that it had also imposed a ban on people coming from Sri Lanka.
People entering Italy from other European countries face five days of quarantine and mandatory testing both before arrival and at the end of their isolation period.
The government has already banned travel from India and Bangladesh because of fears of a surge of cases in the region.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023