‘ITUKAMA’ COVID-19 Fund balance surpasses Rs. 1,458 million
Following corporate, individual donations and direct deposits, ‘ITUKAMA’ COVID-19 Healthcare and Social Security Fund balance has now surpassed Rs. 1,458 million.
Sri Lanka Amarapura Mahasangha Sabha has donated Rs. 1,000,000 to the Fund. The Cheque relating to the donation was handed over to President Gotabaya Rajapaksa during the commemoration ceremony of founder Theros of Sri Lanka Amarapura Maha Nikaya held at the BMICH.
In addition, retired Air Force Adviser A.M. Kulatunga Bandara Rs. 50,000, Mrs. Irine Perera Rs.5,000, Mr. D.M.K. Dissanayake Rs. 46,400,Mr. D.L. Chandradasa Rs.5,000, Kothmale Divisional Secretariat Rs. 28,400, Medical Consultant N.W.J.K. Premadasa Rs. 173,977 and Medical Consultant A.K. Bandaranayake Rs. 171,133 donated to the COVID-19 Fund.
The Fund’s balance has now reached Rs. 1,458,345,529.45.
Local, as well as foreign donors, have made their contributions to the Fund. Deposits can be made through cheques, telegraphic transfers, via www.itukama.lk or by dialing #207#.
For further information contact through 0760700700 / 0112320880 / 0112354340 or 0112424012.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023