Bus strike temporarily called off
All Ceylon Private Bus Owners Association stated that the scheduled strike of private bus operators has been temporarily called off.
All Ceylon Private Bus Owners Association Anjana Priyanjith said that the strike will be re-launched if their issues aren’t resolved within a week.
Private bus unions had previously scheduled to launch a strike at midnight today (12).
However, following a discussion with the Minister of Passenger Transport Services Management Mahinda Amaraweera yesterday (11), the unions have decided to call their trade union action off temporarily.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023