Coronavirus: Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan tests positive
Amitabh Bachchan, one of India’s best known film actors, has tested positive for COVID-19, he told his millions of Twitter followers.
“I have tested COVID positive, shifted to hospital, hospital informing authorities, family and staff undergone tests, results awaited,” he wrote.
His son, Abhishek, later tweeted he had also tested positive.
Bachchan, 77, has been involved in 200 films since becoming a star five decades ago.
He, and Abhishek, 44, have been taken to Nanavati Hospital in Mumbai, and his son described them both as having mild symptoms. A hospital official told The Indian Express newspaper that he was in a stable condition.
Amitabh urged anyone who had been close to him in the past 10 days to get tested.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023