IUSF Convener Lahiru Weerasekara arrested
Posted in Local News
Inter University Students Federation (IUSF) Convener Lahiru Weerasekara was taken into police custody today.
Sources said he was taken into custody along with another IUSF member as they were leaving the Centre for Society and Religion (CSR) in Maradana after a news conference.
Weerasekara was arrested by the Colombo Crimes Division (CCD) and the Maradana Police under a joint operation.
The IUSF Convener was reportedly arrested in connection with the incident at the Health Ministry on Wednesday (21).
UPDATE (2.51pm) : IUSF Convener Lahiru Weerasekara has been remanded till July 05 after being produced at court.
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023