IUSF sets up ‘Horu Go Gama’ near Parliament of Sri Lanka
Members of the Inter University Students Federation (IUSF) set up a protest camp called “Horu Go Gama” near Polduwa Junction near Parliament last night (May 05).
This protest camp is the latest site set up against President Gotabaya Rajapaksa, Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa, and their government.
The university students emphasise that they will remain at the location until Members of Parliament arrive for today’s (May 06) Parliament session.
Members of the Inter University Students Federation who were dispersed with Police firing tear gas and water cannons yesterday recuperated and returned to the Polduwa Junction.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023