J.V.P’s Anura Dissanayake to contest Anuradhapura from U.N.P.
According to the reports, Mr Anura Dissanayake, Former J.V.P. Provincial Councillor for North Central Province, has submitted nominations to contest under the United National Party, for Anuradhapura District in the coming local government elections.
He has performed as the Chief Organizer of J.V.P. for Anuradhapura West electorate for nearly 10 years, and also represented the North Central Provincial Council as a J.V.P. Councillor until it was dissolved in 2004, and 2008.
Expressing his views in this regards, Mr Dissanayake has said that, after considering the division in the J.V.P, and U.N.P’s strength to oust the government,he has decided to contest the Provincial Council under the U.N.P.,and the Symbol of Elephant.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023