Jaliya Wickramasuriya arrested by FCID
Former Sri Lankan Ambassador to the USA, Jaliya Wickramasuriya was arrested by the Financial Crimes Investigations Division (FCID) last night over a financial fraud, Police said.
He was alleged to have defrauded more than US$ 33,000 in purchasing a building for the Sri Lankan Embassy in USA.
He was arrested at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) on his return from USA.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023