Jaliya Wickramasuriya arrested by FCID
Posted in Local News
Former Sri Lankan Ambassador to the USA, Jaliya Wickramasuriya was arrested by the Financial Crimes Investigations Division (FCID) last night over a financial fraud, Police said.
He was alleged to have defrauded more than US$ 33,000 in purchasing a building for the Sri Lankan Embassy in USA.
He was arrested at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) on his return from USA.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
Another one. Are all these so called Sri Lanken executes are rogues.
May be that is why they ought to be ‘executed’.
Of course Ranjith,
Can’t you see? It is written on this guy’s face.
Whoever appointed him ( the former FM, the brilliant professor, leader of the SLPP) must be having mud upstairs.