Jayalath Jayawardena hopitalized after UNP protest
UNP Gampaha District MP Dr. Jayalath Jayawardena has been admitted to the Colombo National Hospital after suffering injuries during the UNP protest in Fort, which was dispersed by police using tear gas.
The parliamentarian was reportedly wounded after a canister of tear gas had struck his head during the commotion.
Courtesy: Ada Derana / Pix by AP
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023