Jayawardene opts out of 3rd ODI against England
Sri Lanka Cricket says batsman Mahela Jayawardene has pulled out of the third limited-overs international against England for personal reasons.
The Sri Lankan board Tuesday said in a statement that Ashan Priyanjan has been added to the squad for the match to be played Wednesday in Hambantota.
Jayawardene scored consecutive half centuries in the first two matches, which Sri Lanka won to lead the seven-match series 2-0.
He made 55 in his team’s 25-run win in the first match and hit an aggressive 77 not out in 80 deliveries to complete a crushing eight-wicket win in the second.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023