Johnston further remanded
Former Minister Johnston Fernando has been further remanded till 11 May by Kurunegala Magistrate today (6).
The Financial Crimes Investigation Division (FCID) arrested the former Minister as he arrived at the FCID to give a statement on alleged financial misappropriations in the Lanka Sathosa Ltd.
The ex-Minister will be produced in the Court again on 11 May.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023