Joseph Stalin granted bail
General Secretary of the Ceylon Teachers’ Union (CTU) Joseph Stalin has been granted bail by the Colombo Fort Magistrate’s Court.
Joseph Stalin was arrested on the 03rd of August for allegedly violating a court order during a protest at Bank of Ceylon Mawatha on May 28.
He had been remanded until August 12 by the Colombo Fort Magistrate’s Court.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023