Junior staff in hospitals to report sick leave for 2 days
Posted in Local News
The junior staff of hospitals island-wide have decided to engage in a trade union action and report sick leave today (03) and tomorrow (04).
The General Secretary of the Joint Health Services Union, Ven. Tampitiye Sugathananda Thero this action is based on several demands to ensure the safety of the junior staff in hospitals.
The Thero said, “We are taking this action based on 12 demands. At the moment, the junior staff in the hospitals are unable to continue their work. They need more facilities to provide quality health care. These issues are being dragged out without a solution.”
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023