Junior staff in hospitals to report sick leave for 2 days
The junior staff of hospitals island-wide have decided to engage in a trade union action and report sick leave today (03) and tomorrow (04).
The General Secretary of the Joint Health Services Union, Ven. Tampitiye Sugathananda Thero this action is based on several demands to ensure the safety of the junior staff in hospitals.
The Thero said, “We are taking this action based on 12 demands. At the moment, the junior staff in the hospitals are unable to continue their work. They need more facilities to provide quality health care. These issues are being dragged out without a solution.”
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023