JVP and TELO against Rishad Bathiudeen
The JVP and the TELO have decided to support the no-confidence motion against Minister Rishad Bathiudeen.
Leader of the TELO, a coalition of the TNA, MP Selvam Addaikkalanathan state that this decision was taken during a top-level meeting of its leaders held yesterday.
TNA has 15 MPs in the house and, Selvam Addaikkalanathan and K Kodishwaran represent the TELO.
MP Charles Nirmalanadan who represents the Tamil Arasu Kachchi also said recently that he would support the no-confidence motion against Minister Bathiudeen.
The no-confidence motion against Bathiudeen which was signed by 64 opposition MPs has been handed over to the speaker already.
UNP MP Niroshan Perera has also announced his support for the no-confidence motion but SLPF has not taken a final decision as yet.
At the same time, UNP MPs Hector Appuhamy and Kavinda Jayawardana have also hinted that they are going to support the No-confidence motion against Bathiudeen.
(Source: Hiru News)
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
This time around it is not going to be a walk in the ‘Rose Garden’ Mr. Badudeen.
TNA wil vote with UNF because they have been bribed with LKR500bn under the OM’s Palmyrah Fund.
And Its called politics!
There are plenty of time available to play around till the voting date.
Rishad is a true and basic Moslem leader.
He should not be offended or insulted if you require the support of the wider Moslem (innocent) community.
I will vote for Hon Bathiutheen because he is true Moslem leader.