Kahathuduwa fire: Father & Mother succumb to injuries in house fire, two daughters hospitalized
Two persons were killed and another two persons including a 7-year old girl were hospitalised following a fire that broke out at a house in Magammana, Kahathuduwa last night (June 25).
Police said that a 41-year-old man and his 38-year-old wife died in the fire, while their two daughters remain hospitalised due to burn injuries.
Police said the 21-year old daughter of the deceased couple is undergoing treatment at the ICU at the NHC while the 7-year old girl was admitted to the Lady Ridgeway Hospital.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained and the Government Analyst is to be called in for further analysis.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023