KARUNANIDHI OBJECTS AND CONDEMNS STATEMENT OF CHAMPIKA RANAWAKA
Onlanka News – by Walter Jayawardhana
DMK President Muthuvel Karunanidhi strongly objected to an alleged statement of Sri Lankan Minister Champika Ranawaka in which the minister had threatened another “massacre” of Tamils and urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take up the issue with Colombo and the United Nations.
“It has come to our notice that Sri Lankan cabinet minister Champika Ranawaka has warned of hundred more massacres and has threatened that one Mullivaikal (where thousands of Tamil civilians were killed) was enough and that no one should try to get hundred more”, Karunanidhi said in a letter to Singh.
“The remarks of the Sri Lankan minister is highly provocative and therefore condemnable”, he said, adding that the Tamils all over the world are very perturbed over the reprehensible remarks of the Sri Lankan minister.
“I therefore request you to kindly use your good offices to take up this matter with the Sri Lankan government with an advice to adopt a course of restraint and humanitarianism”, he said.
Karunanidhi said the UN may also be apprised of such harsh stance of the Sri Lankan government.
The Lankan power and energy minister is said to have made the remark while reportedly cautioning the island’s Tamil population to avoid following the politics of the main Tamil Parliamentary group. Ranawaka gave the alleged warning during a news conference on June 8 in Colombo.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
Hey Mr K Nidhi, did you read the provocative statement made by the most senior tamil terror leader, Mr Sampanthen calling for a separate state recently? Were you “nidhi” when that statement was made? Who started this business of separate state? All this business was started by Papa Chelva and then followed up by the Sun God. Now it is Mr Sampanthen’s turn.
What Hon Champika ranawaka was saying that if your tamil terror guys pick up bombs and recruit suicide bombers from young women, you will not get one but one hundred Mullivaikal type ending to the war. we will bring Gen Fonseka out of retirement and blast the leaders who call for separate state and the followers will die in the crossfire.
Another dream joke by the TamilNadu’s famous old fart, stinky and laughable as usual.