Karuna’s history not a secret – Mahinda Rajapaksa
Referring to the controversial remarks made by former LTTE member Vinyagamoorthy Muralitharan alias Karuna, Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa said the former parliamentarian’s history was no secret to anyone.
Speaking at a Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) rally held at Labuyaya, Kuliyapitiya on Tuesday, Mr. Rajapaksa said Karuna’s statement that he had killed an exorbitant number of soldiers in a night, has become a hot topic at political stages of the opposition parties.
“However, there was no voice raised from the opposition over those who procured arms to the LTTE. It was our soldiers who were killed with those weapons given to the LTTE by the politicians in the past. Karuna’s history is not a secret to anyone,” he said.
Meanwhile, he said the person who has failed to face defeats successfully, is unfit for the country’s leadership.
“True leaders should posses the personality to face any dire situation. I request the people to elect only the genuine leaders who are people-friendly and dedicated to the betterment of the country sans narrow objectives,” he said.
Kurunegala District SLPP Leader Johnston Fernando and candidate Saman Priya Herath were also present there.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Lahiru Pothmulla and Dinesh Upendra)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
Yes, so is history of Rajapakse family , full of corruption ? All members of the family have allegations which are not false : where is smoke without fire.
(It was our soldiers who were killed with those weapons given to the LTTE by the politicians in the past). What? Our politician gave LTTE to kill our own solders. What sort of people are these. I have am lost for words. So find those politicians and shoot them. What are you waiting for?
Brother Ranjith, You can’t shot them because they are dead and gone. Killed by the same terror outfit! Their children are trying to govern the country!
Dear Mr Amarakoon. LTTE did a good thing. Blew that Premadasa in to pisses. What surprise me is that thousand of Sri Lanken voted his son, this mongol Modadasa to be the president of Sri Lanaka.