Karuna Amman arrives at CID to record statement
Vinayagamurthi Muralitharan alias Karuna Amman arrived at the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) this morning to give a statement over his remarks that he killed some 2,000 to 3,000 Sri Lankan soldiers in one night at Elephant Pass.
Addressing a gathering at Navadinveli in Ampara on June 19, the former MP made these remarks.
However, on Tuesday (23), Karuna Amman had informed the CID that he was not in a position to provide a statement due to ill health.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023