Keheliya released from Bribery case
The Colombo High Court today released former media minister Keheliya Rambukwella and former State Printing Corporation chairman Jayampathi Bandara Hinkenda from the Bribery case filed by the Bribery Commission (BC) against them for causing a loss to the government by obtaining Rs.230,984 to pay the former minister’s phone bill.
This ruling was delivered as the relevant case was filed without the consent of the Commissioners of the Bribery Commission.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023