Shani Abeysekera files FR to be reinstated Director of CID
Senior Superintendent of Police Shani Abeysekera has filed a Fundamental Rights petition before the Supreme Court calling for him to be reinstated as the Director of the Criminal Investigations Department.
The petition calls for his transfer to be revoked and to be reappointed as the Director of the CID.
SSP Shani Abeysekara was transferred on the 22nd of November.
The National Police Commission, on the request of the Acting Inspector General of Police Chandana Wickremaratne, transferred SSP Abeysekera as the Personal Assistant to the Deputy Inspector General of Police of Galle.
Senior Superintendent of Police W. Thilakaratne currently serves as the Director of the CID.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023