Kidnapped boy rescued in Galgamuwa
Four-year-old Danidu Yashen, who was abducted earlier this week, has been rescued by the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) in Galgamuwa, police spokesman SSP Ajith Rohana said.
Danidu Yashen Lanakanath Kumara was abducted on Monday (28) night by a group of persons, who also assaulted his father after breaking into their residence in Meegalewa.
Mahinda Kumara, a rice miller, father of the abducted child, in his statement to the police stated that his son was abducted by four persons who approached his house in two motorbikes, with their faces covered with full-face helmets and masks.
The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) today launched a separate investigation into the child abduction incident.
A team of CID officers led by a SSP commenced the investigation today morning, following instructions from the Inspector General of Police N.K. Illangakoon, a senior police officer told Ada Derana.
The motive for the kidnapping had remained a mystery as the abductors had not demanded a ransom for the release of the child.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023