Kollupitiya accident: Two individuals arrested over assaulting a female
Two women have been arrested for assaulting a female who was involved in a motor accident in Kollupitiya yesterday (December 10).
A 58 year old man had died when a car reportedly returning from a nightclub smashed against a three wheeler in Kollupitiya yesterday morning (December 10). Police said the car was heading from Bambalapitiya towards Galle Face, crashed with the three-wheeler going in the same direction on Galle Road.
The three-wheeler driver, who was seriously injured in the accident, died on admission to the Colombo National Hospital.
The individual who drove the car had fled the scene.
Meanwhile, a female who was in the vehicle at the time of the accident was assaulted by two women with footage of the assault widely circulated on social media.
The woman who was assaulted recorded a statement with the Colpetty Police leading to the arrest of the two women.
The 42 and 64 year old women have been identified as sanitation workers of a private company.
The duo will be produced before the Colombo Fort Magistrate’s Court tomorrow (December 12).
Police are conducting further investigations to arrest the motorist.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
Police seems to be swift this time. Given the type of the car and where they were returning from, must be a rich bi**h! (of course I agree she was not driving the car, but somebody who witnessed an innocent bystander being killed a moment ago, attacking everybody happen to be in the car is justifiable. This is what happen when shokada police pass donkey drivers.