KP’s bank details to be checked for Rajiv Gandhi’s killing
The Multi-Disciplinary Monitoring Agency (MDMA) is keen to know about the bank details of Selvarasa Pathmanathan alias ‘KP’ and some of his associates over the investigation on Rajiv Gandhi Assassination Case.
The agency had written to the Sri Lankan authorities in this regard earlier but no positive response came from the authority concerned”, sources said.
He had been arrested in a Southeast Asian country and was brought to Sri Lanka, they said.
Further investigations had been conducted by the MDMA on Rajiv Gandhi Assassination Case after obtaining necessary permission from the designated Terrorist and Disruptive Activities (TADA) Court, Chennai, Indian media reported.
The Former Prime Minister was assassinated on May 21, 1991, when a LTTE suicide bomber blew herself up at an election rally in Tamil Nadu. Earlier, MDMA had sought permission from the Sri Lankan authorities to question the alleged financier of Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) Selvarasa Pathmanathan. (Deccan Chronicle)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023