Kurunegala Mayor Thushara Sanjeewa Vitharana removed from post
The Mayor of Kurunegala, Thushara Sanjeewa Vitharana, has been removed from his post effective December 31, 2022.
An extraordinary gazette was issued on removing Kurunegala Mayor by the Governor of the North Western Province Wasantha Karannagoda.
According to the announcement, the mayor of Kurunegala has been removed from office due to non-passing of the budget document submitted for the year 2023 and non-compliance with the 2020 Municipal Council budget formulation and enforcement orders.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023