Legal approval granted for number portability service – TRCSL
Legal approval has been granted for subscribers to obtain Number Portability Service among telecom service providers in Sri Lanka, the Director-General of the Telecommunications Regulatory Commission (TRCSL) Oshada Senanayak said.
He said this at an online press conference of the Presidential Media Centre (PMC) today.
The number portability facility will enable customers to retain their telephone numbers while changing from one service provider to another.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023