Licenses of five liquor companies suspended
The Excise Department has suspended licenses of five liquor manufacturing companies due to their failure to pay taxes on time.
Accordingly, the distillery licenses of Synergy Distilleries (Pvt) Ltd, Finnland Distilleries Corporation (Pvt) Ltd, Wayamba Distilleries, W M Mendis & Co Ltd and the Randenigala Distilleries Lanka (Pvt) Ltd have been suspended.
Excise Commissioner General Saman Jayasinghe said that the annual licenses for these companies, which had long-standing arrears, expired on October 31 and were not renewed.
Accordingly, the production and distribution of their alcohol products have also been prohibited.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023