Light Rail Transit System project ended
The Secretary to the President P.B Jayasundara has informed the Ministry of Transport to immediately end the implementation of the Colombo Light Rail Transit System project.
The Presidents Secretary had also informed the Secretary to the Transport Ministry to close down the LRS project office as well.
The letter states the project is being ended due to excessive costs.
The project was launched by the previous government, as a measure to address major traffic congestion in Colombo and its suburbs and was to be constructed from Colombo to Malabe.
A loan was obtained from Japan for this purpose.
Nevertheless the Secretary to the President had stated that another measure will be launched in place of the halted project.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
” bari sil noganing abaro” Don’t ever think about doing impossible things. But no harm dreaming about it.
What a shame,
What a disaster.
A new project means new Komis to those in leadership now.