Liquor prices up
Increase in production costs resulted in all soft and hard liquor prices in Sri Lanka to go up from yesterday (March 15) midnight.
Price increased approximately Rs.100 per bottle of arrack and Rs.10 per bottle of beer, the Department of Excise said.
Excise Commissioner Kapila Kumarasinghe said, thereby that the prices of locally manufactured liquor will differ according to the difference in the cost of production incurred by different manufacturers.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023