LP gas prices increased
Posted in Local News
The price of a domestic Litro gas cylinder (12.5kg) would be increased by Rs.110 with effect from midnight today, the Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) said.
The CAA sources said the decision to increase prices was approved by the Cabinet.
Meanwhile, Marketing Corporate Affairs Director of Litro, Chaminda Ediriwickrema said that following a request made to the CAA and the Finance Ministry, the approval was granted to increase the prices.
He said the prices of liquid petroleum (LP) gas had increased in the world market since December last year.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
I am sure this is going to have a negative impact on prices of food in restaurants. A nother burden on Middle class people. aaaa
Hey, this is our new Finance Minister, Mangy, trying to balance the budget to satisfy the imperialists in the World Bank.
Let us all give Mangy a hand in this instance.