Maithri allows Opposition to select their leader
National Freedom Front (NFF) Leader Wimal Weerawansa today said President Maithripala Sirisena has allowed Opposition MPs to appoint the Opposition Leader.
Mr. Weerawansa and several party leaders of UPFA met President Sirisena who is also the UPFA Chairman this morning to discuss the appointment of opposition leader.
The central committee of the SLFP, the main constituent of the UPFA, earlier gave consent to the President to make the final decision on appointing the Opposition Leader.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023