Maithri allows Opposition to select their leader
Posted in Local News
National Freedom Front (NFF) Leader Wimal Weerawansa today said President Maithripala Sirisena has allowed Opposition MPs to appoint the Opposition Leader.
Mr. Weerawansa and several party leaders of UPFA met President Sirisena who is also the UPFA Chairman this morning to discuss the appointment of opposition leader.
The central committee of the SLFP, the main constituent of the UPFA, earlier gave consent to the President to make the final decision on appointing the Opposition Leader.
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023