Maithripala Presented his Election Manifesto
Posted in Local News
Presidential Candidate of the New Democratic Front Maithripala Sirisena presented his election manifesto today at Viharamahadevi Park.
The Manifesto titled A New Country in 100 days was unveiled before the Maha Sangha, leaders and representatives of oppositional parties and a group of farmers.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
This manifesto is the most significant stupidity of the MY3-CBK-RW cabal which is challenging the excellent leadership of Mahinda Rajapaksa as the Executive President of Sri Lanka.
MY3 was thrust into the electioneering platform by the cabal based on the single issue of abolishing the Executive Presidency. This vision has rapidly evaporated.
The proposed form of Executive Presidency in this manifesto creates a dictatorship. It creates a false illusion of the EP being subservient to a Parliament with unknown leadership. This will not work; the proposed system will be a disaster and most likely, end up as a tyrannical dictatorship with MY3 at the helm, supported by Rajitha Senaratne.
I encourage Mahinda Rajapaksa to act (in his usual manner) decisively to ensure a positive outcome at the forthcoming polls.
The coming week is a critical period in this election campaign. A National Government should be formed to ensure wider support for the UPFA Government with a leadership line-up as follows:
Sajith Premadasa – Prime Minsiter
Sajin Vass Gunawardane – External Affairs Minister
Harin Fernando – Minster for Youth Employment
Dayasisri Jayasekera – Minister for Trade and Industries and Micro-economic entrepreneurship
Udhaya Gammanpila – Minister for Constitutional Affairs, 13A and Provincial Councils
Namal Rajapaksa – Minister for Education and Sports
Kumaran Pathmanathan (KP) – Minister of Community Reconciliation
Tissa Attanayake – Minister of Health
Vianayagamoorthy Muralitaharam – Governor, NP
Pillayan – Governor, EP
This will ensure a resounding victory to Mahinda Rajapaksa and to the peoples of Sri Lanka.