Malaysian PM meets President
The official meeting between President Maithripala Sirisena and the visiting Prime Minister of Malaysia Dato’ Sri Mohd Najib bin Tun Abdul Razak was held at the Presidential Secretariat, this morning (18th Dec.). The Malaysian Prime Minister was warmly received by President Sirisena.
A special Guard of Honour and a 21-gun salute accorded to the Prime Minister of Malaysia.
According to the President’s Media Division, after a cordial meeting between the two leaders, the bilateral discussions were held with the participation of Prime Minister Ranil Wickremasinghe and several ministers from both countries.
Two Memorandums of Understanding and a Memorandum of Collaboration were signed between the two countries and a special commemorative stamp and a First Day Cover were issued to mark the 60th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Sri Lanka and Malaysia.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023