Maldivian Vice President calls on Sri Lanakan President
The Maldivian Vice President Faisal Naseem called on Sri Lankan President Ranil Wickremesinghe at the Presidential Secretariat on Friday (December 02).
Considering the long-standing friendship between the Maldives and Sri Lanka, President Ranil Wickremesinghe requested the Maldives to invest in Sri Lanka’s high-tech agriculture sector, cruise tourism and high-end tourism sectors.
President Wickremesinghe also requested the Maldives to join hands with Sri Lanka in establishing the climate change university.
The duo also discussed the growing drug menace affecting this region and President Ranil Wickremesinghe sought the assistance of the Maldives in combating the drug scourge.
President Wickremesinghe also told the Maldivian Vice President that he intends to invite the Maldivian President to Sri Lanka once his residence, which was destroyed during the July protests, is rebuilt.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023