Malinga out of second ODI with illness
Posted in Sports News
Sri Lanka’s controversial fast bowler Lasith Malinga has been diagnosed with a viral influenza and will sit out the second One-day International against Zimbabwe on Sunday (today), the cricket board said.
Malinga, who was slapped with a suspended six-month match ban earlier this week, has been told to take two days of rest after coming down with the bug.
“Medical reports have ruled him out of the next game and recommended a rest period of 48 hours,” Sri Lanka Cricket said in a statement.
It added that Lakshan Sandakan did not play in the first ODI on Friday at Galle because he had the same virus.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
polticians ought to take what comes with public service more so in a democracy even if it does not mean what it means. These half wits go about pretending to do a public service in armoured luxy vehicles with a cordon of personal armed goons backed up by a second layer of hand picked goons from the police force and then dictate policies off the cuff. Sirisena has the audacity to declare that the media (trump like) is distorting facts when the facts are self evident!
Cricketers are not standard bearers for a corrupt govermnet and the whole establishment is seeped in it . Cricket is an industry in itself and thrives on wins and most wins on record is acheved not through a team effort but single handed …..marali sanath and Malinga J mahela J not through half wits like sumathipala or ministers the like of Dayasiri. They ought to leave cricket to the players not to bureacrats.
Hooray to Maling
It is time to drop Malinga; he has given away 8 runs per over in the 3rd ODI.
The performance of the SL team in the 5th ODI today is disgusting.
The series is lost; Zimbabwe the winners.
It is time we said goodbye to Matthews and Malinga and the Sports Minister, Hon Dayasiri, should take personal control over team selection and team fitness.