Man sets himself ablaze in front of Viharamahadevi Park
Posted in Local News
A 72 year old man who set himself ablaze in front of Viharamahadevi Park in Colombo has been rushed to National Hospital with severe burns.
The wounded person has been admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the Colombo National Hospital with life threatening injuries. The victim who is a resident of Pannipitiya, kottwa has set himself on fire after pouring a bottle of kerosene oil, the police said.
The police have not yet disclosed reasons behind the suicide attempt.
Meanwhile, five persons including two women were injured and hospitalized after a house caught on fire in Mahaiyawa area in Kandy, this morning. The police suspect that gas leak may have caused the fire.
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023