“Manna Kanna” injured in shooting incident in Grandpass
An underworld figure named Mariputthu Ganesan, alias “Manna Kanna” was gunned down and injured in a shooting incident in Grandpass this morning (November 19).
According to the police, an unidentified gunman who arrived on a motorcycle had opened fire at the victim.
The victim who sustained injuries to his head and arm has been rushed to the hospital in critical condition for medical care.
“Manna Kanna” is reportedly the main suspect in the incident in which the father of notorious criminal gang member “Kanjipani Imran” was assaulted.
The Grandpass Police started further investigations.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023