Massive Heroin raid in luxury apartment
The Police in one of the biggest raids in recent history on heroin distribution, arrested three women and two men at a luxurious distribution point in the 2000 Plaza housing complex, Sri Jayawardenapura, Kotte last evening.
The Luxurious house is believed to be one of the main distribution points of drugs to the country and is believed to have been operated by fugitive ‘Wele Suda’, who is reportedly operating the business from overseas.
The raid was carried out at around 2 PM yesterday by a special team on a tip off received by the Police. The apartment situated on the tenth floor is considered to be a hub for packaging and distribution of heroin. The Police arrested three females alleged to have been packing the Heroin for retail sales.
The Police have also arrested two men aged 26 and 32 during the raid together with a 37 year old driver who is said to have been one of the distributors. A luxurious car which is believed to have been used by the gang to distribute the Heroin has also been taken into custody together with cash worth close to eight million rupees during the operation.
Police Spokesman Ajith Rohana said that the Police are conducting further investigations into the operations of the gang. He also stated that the drug operation in the country presently is very sophisticated with the use of modern technology, luxurious vehicles and modern apartments for their operations as opposed to tradition modes of distribution.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023