Mervyn Silva Did Not Lodge Complaint Against Gotabaya Rajapaksa: CID
The CID informed Colombo Magistrate’s Court that former Minister Mervyn Silva did not lodge a complaint against former Defence Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa regarding the ‘white van abductions’.
This was revealed when a habeas corpus filed by relatives of three missing persons was taken up for hearing by Colombo Chief Magistrate Gihan Pilapitiya.
Silva had only tendered a letter on the alleged abductions but it is not a complaint, CID informed court. The Attorney General also confirmed this fact.
Silva visited the CID in January this year days after the Mahinda Rajapaksa government fell, and told media that he complained against Gotabaya Rajapaksa and Basil Rajapaksa. He added that he has information on the white van abductions.
The Colombo Chief Magistrate Gihan Pilapitiya issued notice to Silva on August 25 this year regarding the habeas corpus. Silva was present in court today.
The Magistrate ordered the CID to submit the documents handed over by Silva. The court will then decide if Silva will be called as a witness in the case, the Magistrate further directed.
The case was fixed to be heard again on January 26, 2016.
(Source: Asian Mirror)
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
Somewhere somebody said “The truth was like an air bubble in water, sooner or later it will surface”. Likewise, one by one, the lies spread to grab power and get ministerial posts in the government that came to power by such means disintegrate day by day. The more, the better before Local Government elections.
May be Gota lodged it himself!