Met Dept. issues severe weather warning
The Met Dept. issuing a severe weather warning this afternoon stated that the atmospheric disturbances are still affecting the weather over the island. Cloudy skies with showers or thundershowers will occur over most parts of the island particularly in the North-central, Eastern, Central, Uva and Southern provinces.
Heavy rain (more than 100mm) are also expected at some places.
Showers or thundershowers will continue to prevail over the deep and shallow sea areas around the island. The sea areas around the island may be rough at times as the winds can strengthen up to 50-60 kmph at times.
There may be temporary localized strong winds (up to 80 Km/hr) during thundershowers. General public are advised to take adequate precautions to minimize the damages caused by lightning activities.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023