Milk companies to reveal locations of stores – Johnston
A gazette notification is scheduled to be issued making it mandatory for milk food companies should reveal and register the locations of their stores with the Consumer Affairs Authority, Minister of Co-operatives and Internal Trade Johnston Fernando said today.
He added that this gazette would empower the CAA to conduct inspections around the clock.
On December 5 the CAA recovered 257,658 packets of 400g milk powder worth around Rs 80 million from a private warehouse in Seeduwa. The latest discovery comes just a day after the CAA found 13.5 tonnes of hidden milk powder stocks at a prominent milk powder factory in Welisara.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023