Milk powder prices to increase tomorrow?
The decision on the milk powder price revision will be taken tomorrow (March 1) after milk food companies requested a price revision from the Pricing Committee of the Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA), the Ministry of Cooperatives and Internal Trade stated.
Secretary of the Ministry Sunil S. Sirisena stated that the committee will meet tomorrow to take a decision on the matter.
Milk food companies have stated that the price of a kilogramme of milk powder should be increased by Rs.37 after the value of the rupee depreciated against the dollar.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023