Woman found dead inside hotel room
A 48 year old woman was found dead with stab wounds, inside a hotel room in Kollupitiya early this morning, the police said.
She was identified as Sudarashani Kanagasabay. Police spokesman Ajith Rohana said that the victim had sustained serious injuries in her neck possibly with the use of a sharp weapon.
Police said that the hotel staff who gave statements following the incident had stated that she was living together with another person inside the room and they were last seen together last Thursday (23). Since they had not come out of the room since then the hotel staff had broken the door and entered the room this morning.
She had come to Sri Lanka with her mother in the second week of January from the United Kingdom but her mother had gone back a few days later.
Information has come to light that she was married to a person who is believed to have been with her in her room. But the person had not been seen inside the hotel since last Thursday. Investigations are underway to arrest him.
Since she arrived she had stayed at the hotel by obtaining the first room on the first floor.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023