Minister Gamini Lokuge’s driver beaten to death
The driver of Energy Minister Gamini Lokuge has been beaten to death at his residence in Mawiththara in Kesbewa this evening, Police said.
They said a group of men had assaulted the driver and he had died on admission to the hospital.
The Kesbewa Police are investigating to determine the reason for the attack.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023