Army deployed to CEYPETCO filling stations
Sri Lanka Army personnel have been deployed to monitor the distribution of fuel at filling stations operated by the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CEYPETCO).
Military Spokesman Nilantha Premaratna said two military men will be deployed to each CEYPETCO fuel station.
He said the army will only monitor the distribution of fuel, not to assist distribution.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023